Thursday, June 21, 2012

(UPDATE) Balsamic Marinated Strawberries

This was originally posted almost two years ago but without pictures. I made these again recently and got a chance to take some pictures.


Originally Posted 8/8/10
My boyfriend made these for me a while back and I made them for my mom. Now shes making them for her friends. These are super easy to make and they taste good on anything; cheesecake, angel food cake, or even just by themselves.

3 c. of quartered hulled strawberries
1/2 c. plus 2 tbsp sugar
1/4 c. balsamic vinegar

1. After the strawberries have been cut up, mix it with the sugar and vinegar. Let set for about 30 minutes so the strawberry juice mixes with the vinegar. (I find that making these about an hour before serving is the best. The strawberries soak up the flavor but are not soggy. They can be served at room temperature or cold).



2. Stuff face!! (I like to make these on a Friday, then I can munch on them all weekend. :) )

Thanks Dylan!

Might also enjoy:
Orange Tequila Cake
White Chocolate
Raspberry Cheesecake
Strawberry Cake

No comments:

Post a Comment