Sunday, September 12, 2010

Oreo Cheesecake Pretzel Bites

So kind of a funny story, the guys in my lab are slightly obsessed with any sort of candy, cake, cupcakes, treats, whatever they can get their hands on. So they started a jar, we've dubbed "The Cookie Jar", and they put their spare change in it. When it adds up to a few dollars, I take it and buy something to make them treats. This is the first time trying this but it worked pretty well. This week I made them Oreo Cheesecake Pretzel Bites. These are super easy to make and absolutely amazing.

I did my recipe to taste using the original recipe as a guide. I personally found I liked a little more cream cheese as well as more dough in general on the pretzels.

Ingredients:
7-10 oreo cookies
2 oz. cold cream cheese
24-30 pretzels
1 c. chocolate chips
chocolate sprinkles

1. Grind up the oreos in a food processor/blender.

2. Mix the ground up oreos with the cream cheese. After a few minutes of mixing, this will turn into a nice dough.

3. Place a ball of the dough in between two pretzels.

4. Melt chocolate chips in a pan.

5. Dip pretzel bit into chocolate and then dip into chocolate sprinkles.

6. Place on a nonstick surface and let cool (I put them in the fridge for about 5 minutes to harden the chocolate).

7. Stuff face.



Original recipe courtesy of Picky Palate.

No comments:

Post a Comment