Saturday, November 6, 2010

Chicken and Roasted Garlic Risotto

Tonight I was in the mood for something super creamy and filling but I was also feeling lazy. So I went to the store and decided whatever recipe was on the back of the first can of soup I picked up that's what I was making. And here you have it. Chicken and Roasted Garlic Risotto.

I have only a few recommendations for this recipe. First is it has "Roasted Garlic" in the title, but you can not really taste the garlic. If I made this again I would toss a few chopped up cloves of garlic in the butter when the chicken is cooked for the first time. Second, I would add maybe another 1/2 cup to 1 cup of rice. The finished product was delicious but wished it was a little less soupy as you can see in the picture below. Other than that, this is a very tasty recipe and it is definitely provides enough leftovers for a few lunches for the future work week.

On a side note, this is the first time I have ever made risotto. It's a lot simpler than I thought, although I didn't make my own cream. I am curious now and want to try making my own risotto from scratch. :) Who knows, that might be my next post.

3 Tbsp. butter
3 skinless boneless chicken breasts
1 can Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
1 can Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup with Roasted Garlic
2 c. water
2 c. uncooked instant white rice
1 c. frozen veggies (carrots and peas are yummy. I used a can of Veg-all)

1. Trim the fat (if any) and cut the chicken breasts in half.
2. Heat butter in a skillet (make sure its a big one, this recipe is a little big) over medium heat. Add chicken and cook till its browned on either side.
3. Remove chicken from the skillet
4. Stir soups and water and heat to a boil.
5. Stir in veggies and rice then return chicken to skillet. Reduce heat to low.
6. Cover and cook till chicken is completely cooked (5 to 8 minutes).
7. Let stand for 5 minutes. (At this point I turned the chicken over just to make sure it was cooked all the way through).
8. Stuff face!

Enjoy!

Original Recipe at Campbell's Kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment