Monday, January 17, 2011

Berries with White Chocolate Rose Water Ganache

I came across this recipe awhile back and I have been dying to try it. I have never worked with rose water before, but everything I have tried with rose water tastes amazing. This recipe is VERY simple and quite tasty. My only tip is to watch the cream chocolate mix carefully so that it does not burn in the pan. The original recipe also called for some mint and cinnamon garnish but I just ignored that portion of the recipe. I think it was amazing without it.

3/4 c. whipping cream
1/2 c. white chocolate (small pieces work the best)
1/4 tsp. rose water
2 pints of rinsed berries (I used red raspberries, golden raspberries, blackberries, blue berries, and strawberries cut into halves)

1. Warm the cream in a double boiler (or the poor student method of a pot in a pot if you don't have a double boiler).
2. Gradually add the chocolate and mix until smooth. Add rose water.
3. Remove from heat and let cool. Drizzle over berries.
4. Stuff face.


Original Recipe: Fresh Market

No comments:

Post a Comment