Saturday, February 26, 2011

Apple Dumplings

I must say this is probably one of the weirdest, redneck recipes I have ever seen. With that said, this is also one of the best. My office mates have been on a baking kick for the past two weeks, and friday was my turn to make something delicious. When I saw this recipe, I wanted to try it just based on one of the ingredients. Mountain Dew!!! Yep. Mountain dew in apple dumplings. Who would of thought? But they are amazing! I only wish I would have bought some vanilla ice cream.


2 granny smith apples
2 8 oz. cans of crescent roll dough
1 c. butter
1.5 c. sugar
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 can of Mountain Dew

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Peel and core the apples. Cut each into 8 pieces.
3. Wrap the apples in the crescent roll dough starting with the small end. Make sure the dough completely covers the apple. Place in 9"x13" pan.


4. Melt butter and stir in sugar and cinnamon.


5. Pour over dumplings.
6. Pour Mountain Dew over dumplings.


7. Cook until golden brown (roughly 35 to 40 minutes).


8. Stuff face!

Original Recipe

3 comments:

  1. Indeed, very unusual recipe ... but we all found it yummy !!
    Many thanks from France :)

    St├ęphane.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment! And I am so glad you guys like them!

      Delete