Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Hidden Surprise Rice Krispies Treat Eggs

This might be one of the few times I saw a commercial and it actually made me go out and buy something. Rice Krispies Treats with candies inside...what a great idea!!! I had to try it. I modified the recipe a bit, changing the M&M for jelly beans. I also tried to using a larger plastic egg than the one recommended. Bigger is better in this case in my opinion. But FYI these are incredibly hard to mold. I wore gloves and greased them up with cooking spray. Then you have to let them cool just enough so they can be put together but also not fall apart. Then once you're are done with that some of them don't even look like eggs anymore...more like balls...or some deformed thing... And on top of that even when they cooled down, they don't hold their shape very well. They start to slump and have more of a pear shape. I had to put mine in the fridge to try to save the shape of the good one. In the end, I definitely had some mutants in my bunch (check out the one in very back...those sat in the pan too long and it definitely looks like something from Alien).

4 Tbs. butter
~8-9 c. of Rice Krispies Cereal
16 oz. of big marshmallows
1 bag of jelly beans
1 plastic Easter Egg

1. Rise and dry the plastic Easter egg. Spray the inside with cooking spray and sit aside.

2. Melt butter in a sauce pan over low heat.

3. Put marshmallows in the sauce pan and stir until completely melted.

4. Stir in Rice Krispies cereal.

5. Once completely mixed, put mixture into the plastic egg half and press firmly to hollow out the center. Set aside to cool slightly.

6. Fill halves with jelly beans.

7. Press the two halves together and sit on wax paper to cool.

8. Stuff face! (Seriously...how cute are these?!...minus the mutant)

Modified from Hidden Surprise Easter Egg Treats

No comments:

Post a Comment