Today was a day of cleaning the apartment and grading final exam papers. Drinking beer, playing more Portal 2, and making cookies just seemed appropriate. Make sure you mix thoroughly. We had a problem with the dough at the bottom of the bowl being very soft. Hence the four mutant cookies. :D
1 3/4 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 c. butter, softened
1/2 c. white sugar
1/2 c. peanut butter
1/2 c. packed brown sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp milk
24 miniature chocolate covered peanut butter cups, unwrapped
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Put the peanut butter cups in the fridge. (It is easier to work with cold peanut butter cups.) Sift together the flour, salt and baking soda; set aside.
2. Cream together the butter, sugar, peanut butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Beat in the egg, vanilla and milk. Add the flour mixture; mix well. Shape into 24 balls and place each into an ungreased mini muffin pan (I do not have a mini muffin pan, so I made little cups out of foil.)
3. Bake for about 10-12 minutes.
4. Remove from oven and immediately press a mini peanut butter cup into each ball.
5. Cool and carefully remove from pan.
6. Stuff Face!
Thanks Katie for the cookie baking help and with shooting Portals in the right place. :D