Friday, May 20, 2011

Deviled Eggs with Hummus

Deviled eggs are one of my favorite things in the world. The recipe linked below inspired this for me, but like normal I did not follow the recipe and did it to taste. Instead of using 100% plain hummus, I did roughly 1/2 garlic hummus and 1/2 mayo with no mustard or pepper. I am estimating on the amounts for the mayo and hummus below, but it depends on how smooth you like the filling. But be careful not to put in too much or you will not taste the egg. I also was cooking for 40 people, so this recipe is large but worth while.

20 eggs
1/2 c. garlic hummus
1/2 c. mayo
paprika
Season All

1. Boil the eggs until cooked. Place in the fridge until cold.
2. Shell all of the eggs.
3. Cut eggs in half and remove the yokes into a large bowl. Set the egg white aside. Smash the yokes with a fork.

4. Mix hummus and mayo with the yokes until well mixed. Salt with season all to taste.

5. Spoon the mixture back into the egg white halfs.
6. Sprinkle with paprika.

7. Stuff face!

Original Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment