Monday, June 20, 2011

Raspberry Filled Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins

I saw this recipe a few weeks back and I have been dying to try it. I love lemon poppy seed muffins, so seeing these with raspberry filling...I couldn't resist.

Cake:
1 package yellow cake mix (about 18 ounces)
3 eggs
1 c. plain yogurt
1/3 c. milk
1/3 c. canola oil
1 Tbsp. poppy seeds
1 Tbsp. grated lemon peel
1/4 c. seedless raspberry jam

Glaze:
1 c. powdered sugar
2 Tbsp. lemon juice

Cake:
1. Preheat the oven to 400 F degrees. Line pan with paper liners.
2. Combine cake mix, eggs, yogurt, milk and oil and mix until well combined.


3. Add poppy seeds and grated lemon peel and mix.


4. Spoon roughly a spoon full of batter into each liner.


5. Add about 1/2 tsp of raspberry jam on top of the batter.


6. Distribute the remaining batter evenly over the jam.
7. Bake roughly 20 minutes. The top should be browned and slightly springy to the touch. Let cool completely.

Glaze:
8. Mix sugar and lemon juice until smooth.


9. Spoon glaze over muffins (optional: place raspberry on top).


10. Stuff face!

Linked To:
Sweet as Sugar Cookies

1 comment:

  1. Oh so good!!! I have a sweet treat linky on my blog every weekend (it'll be up tonight) and I'd love it if you'd stop by and link up your muffins. http://sweet-as-sugar cookies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete