It has been a while since I have gotten to play around in the kitchen. I have had this recipe in my "need to try soon" pile. For me the name says is all. Cheese wrapped in puff pastry then baked and drizzled with some yummy raspberry/blueberry sauce...sounds good to me.
1.5 c. pomegranate juice
1 c. raspberries
1 pint fresh blueberries
1/2 c. balsamic vinegar
1.5 c. granulated sugar
7 oz. brie
1 roll of puff pastry dough, thawe
1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
1. In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the pomegranate juice, raspberries, blueberries, and balsamic vinegar.
2. Bring the mixture to a simmer, and then reduce the heat to medium.
3. Add the granulated sugar and continue to simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened (45 minutes roughly).
4. Once to your desired, strain the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve, pushing on the mixture to get as much liquid out as possible.
5. Return the mixture to the saucepan and continue to simmer for about another 10 minutes.
6. Cut puff pastry into 12 equal size portions.
7. Cut brie into small enough pieces so they can be fully covered by the puff pastry.
8. In a sauté pan over medium heat, melt the butter.
9. Once melted, toast the Brie Bites, flipping every few minutes, until toasted and crisp on each side.
10. Drizzle berry sauce over the pastries and top with extra blueberries and raspberries.
11. Stuff face!!!