Friday, August 26, 2011

Lemon Glazed Buns

Congrats to my friend Meloy for passing her dissertation proposal! I made these for her talk. They turned out quite nice. The original recipe had some errors in it such as not being clear in how much sugar was needed so I just did it to taste. And the glaze did not have enough lemon juice, so I just added juice to the sugar until it got to a texture I liked. The original recipe also called for just the lemon glaze, but I thought they needed something else. I added some berry sauce left over from my Brie Bites and that totally put it over the top. This is probably one of my favorite things to make now.


Buns
4 c. sifted flour
1/4 c. sugar
1 tsp. salt
2 sticks unsalted butter
1 pkg. active dry yeast
1/4 c. warm water
1 c. milk
2 eggs, beaten

Glaze
2 Tbsp. lemon juice (roughly...I did this to a texture where it was still on the stiff side but melted on the buns)
3 c. confectioners sugar

Buns
1. Preheat oven to 400 F degrees

 

2. In a small saucepan warm the milk over medium heat until bubbles form around the edges. Remove from the heat, stir in the butter and allow to cool.


3. Sprinkle the yeast in the warm water and stir. Set aside for 10 minutes.

 

4. In a large bowl mix the flour, sugar and salt. Stir in the yeast water, milk and eggs and make sure everything is well combined.


5. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator.

 

6. Divide the dough in half and roll out each half on a well-floured surface. Roll each slice up tightly and slice it into 1-inch thick slices.
7. Bake on a cookie sheet for roughly 12 minutes, or until cooked through.

Glaze
8. In a small mixing bowl combine the lemon juice and confectioners sugar.

 

9. Once the rolls have cooled spread a little glaze over each one.
10. Stuff face!


Original Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment