I have said it once and I will say it again, slow cookers are freakin awesome! For this pot roast, there was only 10 minutes of prep. Then it cooked all day while I was on campus, and I came home to a wonderful smelling house. Slow cookers are awesome.
6 red potatoes, quartered
handful of baby carrots
3 lbs. chuck roast
1 envelope dry onion soup mix
10 3/4 oz. can of cream of mushroom soup
2 Tbsp. flour
1/4 c. cold water
1. Place potatoes and carrots in cooker.
2. Place meat on top.
3. Add wet and dry soups.
4. Cook for 8-9 hours on low.
5. Once cooked, remove meat and vegetables to plate.
6. Pour juices into pan and bring to boil.
7. Mix flour and water and stir until smooth.
8. Add to juices and cook until thickened.
9. Pour onto roast and vegetables.
10. Stuff face!