1/2 c. (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
1.5 c. crushed graham cracker crumbs
2 Tbsp sugar
Pinch of salt
4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
1 c. packed light brown sugar
3/4 c. white sugar
1.5 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp salt
4 large cold eggs
1 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 c. chocolate chips
4 cups large marshmallows
1. Position a rack in the lower third of the oven and heat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Line an 8 by-8-inch square baking pan with foil so it hangs over the edges by about 1 inch.
3. Lightly butter the foil with some of the melted butter or use none stick foil.
4. Crush graham crackers in a zip lock until it reaches desired crumb size (I personally like a chunky crust).
5. Stir the butter together with the crumbs, sugar, and salt in a medium bowl.
6. Press the crumb mixture evenly over the bottom of the pan.
7. Bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes.
8. While the crust is baking, start preparing the brownies.
9. Cut unsweetened chocolate into small pieces (it will melt faster!).
10. Melt chocolate and butter until completely melted and combined (I used the pot within a pot method).
11. Stir the light brown and white sugars, vanilla and salt into the melted chocolate.
13. Add the flour and stir until just incorporated.
15. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
16. Bake until the top is crispy and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out mostly clean, with a few crumbs, about 40 to 45 minutes.
17. Remove brownies from the oven and carefully re-position the rack about 6 inches from the broiler and preheat on low.
18. Cut each marshmallow in half.
19. Layer marshmallows across the top, sticky end down on the brownie.
20. Toast under the broiler until golden (keep an eye on it, it can go quick), about 2 minutes or less.
21. Cool on a rack, gently removing the brownies from the pan using the aluminum flaps.
22. Stuff face!
Might also enjoy:
|Bourbon Bacon Brownies|
|No Frosting Chocolate Cake|
|Oreo Cheesecake Pretzel Bites|