Friday, October 14, 2011

Baking Blooper: Cupcake Filling

I typically try not to post my cooking mistakes unless they are hilarious disastrous...well that is exactly what happened when I made Bleeding Vampire Bitten Cupcakes. Those cupcakes had a raspberry filling which was absolutely delicious with the vanilla cake and icing. However I made a horrible mistake when it came to filling the cupcakes which lead to a hilarious result.

A while back I made raspberry filled lemon poppy seed muffins. When making these, I filled the the muffin liner half way with lemon poppy seed mixture, then placed the raspberry filling, covered with more mixture and baked. They turned out amazing.




So I decided to do the same thing with the vampire cupcakes so the filling would have a slightly better consistency.


What I didn't take into consideration is the the cupcake mixture is not nearly as thick as the muffin mixture. So when the cupcakes cooked, the filling sank to the bottom of the cupcake yielding the following.


I can not help but laugh at this. They tasted amazing, but you had to eat them upside down. So for the future, cut a hole in the top of the cupcake off and place the filling in after the cupcakes are cooked or you will end up with upside down cupcakes. :D

Might also enjoy:
Sweet Potato Cupcakes
with Browned Butter Icing
Margarita Cupcakes
Brie Bites with Berry Sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment