Monday, October 24, 2011

Dylan's Avgolemono (Greek Lemon Soup)

I LOVE this soup! I haven't had the best experiences with Greek food in the past, but my boyfriend made this for me to convince Greek food was yummy. And he was right. This is hands down one of my favorite soups now. My boyfriend has to hide it from me, because I will eat it all. It has a great texture and you get just a hint of lemon with each bite. In my opinion, this soup is good any time of the year, great for when you're not feeling well, and well...it's just plain good. And it takes only 20 minutes to make.


3 c. poultry stock (or chicken broth)
1/2 c. long grain white rice
2 eggs
1/4 c. lemon juice
pinch of pepper

1. Bring chicken stock to boil in a medium saucepan.


2. Reduce heat, add rice and simmer until rice is tender, roughly 20 minutes.
3. In a small bowl, whisk eggs and lemon juice until just combined.


4. Stir in two tablespoons of the chicken stock into the egg mixture.
5. Gradually pour the egg mixture into the stock and rice mixture while stirring constantly. Once all of the egg mixture is mixed in with the broth, continue stirring for a minute or two to insure all of the egg has been cooked.
6. Season with pepper.
7. Stuff face.


This recipe was shared with:

Might also enjoy:
Grilled Rum Soaked
Fruit Skewers
Tiramisu Cake
Sausage Stuffed Jalapenos

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I can make this now....like maybe this weekend...or tonight if I can't wait that long ^_^

    ReplyDelete