Friday, November 25, 2011

Cinnamon Roll Pie Crust

I LOVE this pie crust. It is so pretty not to mention delicious. It is simple and fun to make. The original recipe called for 2 teaspoons of cinnamon. I just went nuts with it and made sure I had a nice thick layer on the dough. I say use as much cinnamon as you want.





1 homemade pie crust
~2 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp unsalted butter, melted

1. Roll out pie crust and brush with melted butter.


2. Sprinkle evenly with cinnamon.


3. Roll up tightly and cut into thin slices.


4. Press miniature cinnamon rolls evenly into the bottom and sides of a 9-inch buttered glass pie plate. Make sure there are no spaces between the rolls. Set aside (chill if needed).



5. Cut off the excess crust to give a straight edge.


6. Make a delicious pie (this one is sweet potato) and stuff face!!


This recipe was shared with:

Original Recipe

Might also enjoy:
Pumpkin Pie
Pie Crust
Pesto Swirl Crust

10 comments:

  1. Yum!! I saw this on Pinterest and can't wait to try it. Thanks so much for sharing!! Stopped by from Freestyle Friday.

    Jaymie @ http://dancesdishesanddreams.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delish!

    We'd love you to share your recipes with us at

    Simply Delish Saturday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks amazing! You're featured this week. :-)

    http://www.alittlenosh.net/2011/11/weekend-spotlight-10.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe would use it as the pie top cos as a base is covered. No-one looks at the pie bottom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone for your comments. Heather, I think a pie top would be an awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is AWESOME!!!! Come on Thanksgiving so I can make this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please, don't be mad, but I am posting this on my blog-site as a recipe I would like to try one day. I cannot wait for the Holidays!

    ReplyDelete