3 pounds stew beef (or cut up chuck into small cubes)
2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 c. onions, chopped
10 garlic cloves, chopped
2-6 jalapenos, seeded and minced
1-2 red peppers, chopped
1/2 c. chili powder
28 oz. can of whole tomatoes
1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
4 c. water
2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 can pink beans, drained and rinsed
1. In a large sauce pan, heat olive oil then add stew beef. Cook until the outside is brown. Place in slow cooker.
2. Chop onions, garlic, and red peppers. De-seed and mince jalpenos.
3. Rinse all beans and add to meat in the slow cooker.
4. In a large sauce pan, add onions and garlic. Stir for a few minutes until onions soften. (Note: used a little left over oil/grease from the meat to add flavor).
5. Mix in red peppers and jalapenos.
6. Mix in chili powder.
7. Add can of whole tomatoes, juice and all, vinegar and water. Let simmer for a few minutes
8. Add mixture to meat and beans in slow cooker. Stir.
9. Cook on high for 3 hours.
10. Stuff face!!
Might also enjoy:
|No Frosting Chocolate Cake|
|Slow Cooker: Roast|
|Enchilada Stuffed Shells|