half of a turkey breast
4 Tbsp. butter
4-6 bay leaves
2 celery stocks, chopped
1 c. chopped onion
1 Tbsp. powdered sage
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh sage
1 Tbsp. minced garlic
few slices of bacon
1. Preheat over to 450 degrees.
2. In a small pot, melt butter with the bay leaves.
3. In a small glass pan, layer the bottom with with celery and onions. Make sure to put some onions and celery aside for the inside of the breast.
4. Place the bay leaves from the butter on top of the bed of celery and onions.
5. Place the turkey breast bone down on top of the bed of veggies. Cut the skin and pull it up to make a pocket.
6. Stuff the pocket with the rest of the celery, onions, garlic, chopped fresh sage.
7. Sprinkle the powdered sage on top of the turkey. Then bast the top of the turkey with the sage infused butter.
8. Cover the turkey with slices of bacon.
9. Bake for 20 minutes. Bast again with the sage infused butter and lower the heat to 400 degrees.
10. Bake for another 25 minutes or until the turkey is fully cooked.
11. Stuff face!!!
Might also enjoy:
|Chocolate Insanity Cake|
|Chicken and Pasta |
with Creamy Pesto
|Enchilada Stuffed Shells|