Monday, December 26, 2011

Pancake Eggs Benedict

Eggs benedict is one of my favorite breakfast dishes of all time. Traditional is my favorite with english muffins and ham, but I like any variation of the dish. 

Featured: BuzzFeed


I am currently in Austin, Texas visiting my mom for Christmas break. She got me an awesome cookbook for Christmas called 1 Batter, 100 Pancakes & Waffles. The first recipe I decided to try was the pancakes eggs benedict, mainly because I had never seen it before. I have made eggs benedict myself on several occasions but this is the first recipe where I actually got the hollandaise to be nice and thick. If you are a pancakes/waffles fan this is a great book. I think the recipe I will try from this book is either tomato pancakes or beer waffles with ham and cheese.


Pancakes
1.25 c. flour
1.5 tsp. baking powder
1 c.milk
1 egg
2 Tbsp. melted butter
sprinkle of salt

Hollandaise
3 egg yolks
3/4 tsp. mustard (I used champagne mustard)
1 Tbsp. lime juice
1 c. melted butter
salt and pepper

4 eggs, poached
8-12 slices of bacon, cooked

Pancakes:
1. Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl.


 2. Add milk, egg and melted butter and beat until smooth. Let stand for a few minutes.


3. Spoon small portions of batter into greased pan and cook until bubbles appear on the top. Flip over and cook the other side.


4. Repeat with the remainder of the batter.


Poached Eggs:
5. Bring a large sauce pan filled with water to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
6. Carefully break eggs into water and poach for about three minutes.

Hollandaise:
7. Place egg yolks, mustard, and lime juice in a blender and blend until smooth.


8. Melt butter in a small sauce pan and heat until bubbling.
9. With the motor running, slowly add butter to egg yolk mix until sauce is thickened and creamy. Season to taste with salt and pepper.


Assembly:
10. Place two to three pancakes on a plate.
11. Top with cooked bacon and then a single poached egg.
12. Drizzle with hollandaise.


 13. Stuff face!!!


This recipe was shared with:

Might also enjoy:
Avgolemono
Enchilada Stuffed Shells
Taco Seasoning

1 comment:

  1. Eggs Benny is my favourite breakfast. Thanks for sharing with Simply Delish.

    ReplyDelete