3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
3 - 4 chicken breasts
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
3 tsp. minced garlic
1 bay leaf
1/2 c. red wine vinegar
1 c. chicken stock
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
2. Trim excess fat off of chicken breast and season with salt and pepper.
3. In a large, deep skillet, heat the oil. Add chicken to the skillet and cook over moderately high heat until browned.
4. Add butter to the skillet and swirl to coat the chicken. Then add the garlic and bay leaf.
5. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake the chicken for 25 minutes, until the breast pieces are just white throughout.
6. Transfer the breast pieces to a plate. Add the vinegar and chicken stock to the skillet and boil, scraping up the browned bits, until reduced, about 10 minutes.
7. Return the chicken to the skillet along with any accumulated juices. Simmer over moderately high heat, basting a few times, until the sauce thickens slightly and the chicken is heated through, about 3 minutes.
Might also enjoy:
|Chicken and Roasted|
|Lemon Glazed Buns|
|Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies|