Sunday, February 12, 2012

Grilled Beer Boiled Brats

I love beer boiled brats! It is one of my favorite things to BBQ and one of the very few times I must have mustard. I think the reason I love these so much is the crispy, smoky skin combined with the mustard...oh SO happy I have left overs. :D



1 package of brats
3-5 bottles of beer (I used Yuengling)
buns
mustard

1. Pour beer into large sauce pan and bring to a boil. You want just enough to cover the brats. Be careful here because the beer will foam up and overflow quickly if you over boil.



2. As soon as it begins to boil, bring down to a simmer.


3. Place brats in beer and cook for 5 minutes.


4. Flips brats over and cook for another 5 minutes.


5. Remove brats from beer and let cool. The brats will have a greyish appearance. 


6. Place brats on the grill and cook till the skin is a nice golden brown.



7. Place in bun, top with a little bit of mustard. Stuff face!!


Might also enjoy:
Italian Pie
Smoked Ribs
Grilled Pork Loin Chops

1 comment:

  1. I find that adding a few tablespoons of butter to the beer makes the brats extra-juicy when you grill them. I also par-boil onions and peppers with the brats, then sauté in butter as a topping for them.

    ReplyDelete