The following recipe makes 24 cupcakes. I split the dough and frosting in half and made 12 of each. I personally liked the Corona ones the best, but the Blue Moon cupcakes are a very close second.
I also got to use my new cupcake liners. Adorable!
Beer Cupcakes (Corona/Blue Moon):
3/4 c. butter, at room temperature
1.75 c. sugar
2.5 c. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. (lime/orange) zest
1 c. (Corona/Blue Moon) beer, plus more for brushing on tops
1/4 c. milk
(Lime/orange) wedges for garnish
12 oz cream cheese, cold
6 Tbsp. butter, at room temperature
1 Tbsp. freshly squeezed (lime/orange) juice
1 tsp. (lime/orange) zest
4 c. powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line 24 muffin tins with cupcake liners.
2. In a medium sized bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, mix together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Add eggs, beating after each addition. Then add the vanilla extract and zest.
5. Combine milk and beer and alternatively add this mixture and the flour mixture to the butter/sugar mixture mixing in between each addition.
6. Fill the cupcake liners 2/3 full and bake until cake tester comes out clean (roughly 15 minutes).
7. When cupcakes are done, brush some beer on each while still warm.
8. Set aside to cool complete.
9. Mix together the cream cheese and butter until smooth and creamy.
10. Add the citrus juice and zest and gradually add the powdered sugar until well-combined. Beat until smooth.
11. Frost cupcakes and ad (lime/orange) garnish.
12. Stuff face!
|Bleeding Vampire Bitten|