Monday, February 27, 2012

Oh My! These Are Creamy Grits!

I have never been much of a fan of grits, but in the past few years, I have begun to like them more and more. I have found, for my personal taste, the creamier the better. And oh boy, oh boy are these creamy. I didn't actually try this, but I bet if you turned the plate upside down, the grits would stay in place. The only semi downside to this recipe is it takes about an hour to make. But I think it's worth it. This recipe came from 101 Things To Do With Grits. I highly recommend it, so many good recipes.


2 c. chicken broth (water can be used too)
1 c. grits (not instant)
4 Tbsp. butter
1.5 c. heavy cream
salt and pepper

1. Combine grits and chicken broth in a medium pot. Bring to a boil and cook for roughly 3 minutes while continuously stirring.


2. Reduce heat to medium-low, add butter, and reduce liquid by half.



3. As the broth reduces add heavy cream in three to four additions and stir. (This should take 50 to 60 minutes).


 4. Season with salt and pepper. Stuff face (with eggs in a basket)!


Might also enjoy:
Brie Bites with Berry Sauces
"Cheater" Pumpkin Muffin
Pancake Eggs Benedict

No comments:

Post a Comment