Thursday, February 9, 2012

Pineapple Guacamole

Nothing irritates me more than giant chunks of tomatoes in guacamole. I personally like guacamole to be nice a smooth with absolutely no chunks and no crunch. But I decided to make an exception, when I saw this recipe. I have never heard of pineapple in guacamole before, or cucumber for that matter. So I decided to give it a try and was pleasantly surprised. I really liked the sweetness the pineapple adds and the light crunch the cucumber gives. This is a nice, light guac that would work for any party.



1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and finely diced
1/2 c. finely diced red onion
2 Tbsp. lime juice
3/4 tsp. fine salt
2 large or 4 small avocados
1/2 pineapple, peeled, cored, and finely diced
1/2 c. chopped cilantro
(optional) jalapeno to add a little spice
1. In a large bowl, stir together the cucumber, onion, lime juice, and salt.

 


2. Cut avocados in half, remove seed, score the flesh cross-hatch pattern (not through the skin) with a knife and then scoop it with a spoon into the bowl and gently stir together. Try not to smash the avocado.


3. Mix in cilantro and the pineapple.


 

4. Season to taste with additional lime juice and salt. Stuff face!

Shared this recipe with:

Original Recipe

Might also enjoy:
Avocado Mango Salsa
Grilled Rum Soaked
Fruit Skewers
Artichokes

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely LOVE guac - well anything avocado. This is a unique and lovely flavor combo for me and I was excited and intrigued to see it linked up at TEa Party Tuesday so thank you so much!!

    ReplyDelete