Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Red Velvet Rice Krispies Treats

Need a quick treat? This is a perfect throw together treat that tastes delicious.

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!



 

1/2 c. butter
10.5 oz. bag of mini marshmallows
3/4 c. red velvet cake mix
8 c. rice krispies cereal
(optional) toppings: frosting, sprinkles, or melted chocolate

1. Grease a pan or cookie sheet with cooking spray.
2. In a large pan, melt butter on low heat.


3. Add marshmallows, melt and combine with butter.



4. Mix in red velvet cake mix.



5. Add rice krispies and stir until well coated.


6. Remove rice krispies from heat and place them in the greased pan. Flatten using wax paper. Allow to cool.


7. Cut into desired shapes (you can use cookie cutters to make cute shapes).


8. (Optional) Decorate the top. (I used the hardening cookie frosting and sprinkles, but melted chocolate would work as well).


9. Stuff face!


Shared this recipe with:

Original Recipe

Might also enjoy:
Hidden Surprise Rice
Rice Krispies Treat Eggs
Oreo Cheesecake
Pretzel Bites
Apple Dumplings

3 comments:

  1. Those look SO good. I love red velvet anything. I'd love for you to join my linky, Crazy Sweet Tuesday sometime. The linky runs through Friday each week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley - what a GREAT idea...I have never seen anything like this and I really love what you have done. Great new blog and I really love finding new blogs! New follower here! I appreicate you linking up at Tea Party Tuesday, hope to see you back this week for a fun giveaway! Take Care.

    ReplyDelete