Thursday, February 23, 2012

Seared Salmon with Red Pepper Pesto and Asparagus

I have been a bit little lazy the past week. I have been avoiding the kitchen like the plague...maybe because using it would mean I would have to clean it. And I was not in the mood. But seeing salmon on sale pulled me out of my cooking laziness. I LOVE salmon and this recipe intrigued me because of the pesto. I have never heard of red pepper pesto before, so I decided to give it a shot. And amazing! I didn't even need the salmon. I could have eaten the pesto on its own. And this recipe does give some extra, so I am excited to put this over some pasta. Yay leftovers!


Asparagus:
1/2 a bunch asparagus, ends trimmed
2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp. butter
1 garlic clove, minced
salt and freshly ground pepper

Salmon and Pesto:
2 salmon fillets
1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1 16 oz. jar of roasted red pepper, rinsed
1 Tbsp. tomato paste
1/3 c. sliced almonds
1 garlic cloves, minced
salt and freshly ground pepper

1. In a food processor, combine the pepper, almonds, garlic, tomato paste and oil. Set aside. (This is completely optional but I left the pesto a little chunky).



2. Heat 2 Tbs. oil and butter over medium-high. Add the asparagus, salt, pepper, and garlic.


3. Saute for 4-6 minutes. Set asparagus aside.


4. Sprinkle both sides of the salmon fillets with salt and pepper.


5. Add to the same pan and sear on both sides until lightly browned on the outside. Add additional oil if needed.
6. Serve salmon on a bed of asparagus topped with red pepper pesto (and a side of potatoes). Stuff face!


Original Recipe

Might also enjoy:
Orange Tequila Cake
Salmon with
Browned Butter Sauce
Avgolemono
(Greek Lemon Soup)

No comments:

Post a Comment