Oh...I did have a little helper with this one. Toast loves tomato sauce.
1 c. finely chopped sweet onions
1 finely chopped green pepper
1 Tbsp. butter
28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
4 oz. jar mushrooms (drain and chopped)
2.25 oz. can sliced olives
2 tsp. dried oregano
1 lb. ground beef
14 oz. spaghetti, cooked
1 can cream of mushroom soup
0.5 c. water
2 c. shredded cheese (I used a Mexican blend)
0.25 c. grated Parmesan cheese
1. In a large sauce pan, saute peppers and onions in butter until soft, roughly 10 minutes.
2. In the meantime, in a medium pan, brown ground beef. Drain and set aside.
3. Once the onions and peppers are soft, add olives, oregano, and mushrooms. Stir and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Add ground beef and mix.
5. Add crushed tomatoes and stir. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
6. Pour sauce into slow cooker. (Crock pot liners are the most awesome thing ever!)
7. Add cooked spaghetti and mix.
8. Mix mushroom soup and water, then pour on to of spaghetti mixture.
9. Add both shredded cheese and Parmesan cheese.
10. Cook on low for 4 to 6 hour.
11. Stuff face!
Might also enjoy:
Chili con Carne
|Chicken and Pasta with|
Creamy Pesto Sauce