Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Boiled Artichokes Stuffed with Garlic Butter

It is a well known fact that I love artichokes more than life itself. I have made them several times but decided to add a little twist and season the butter. Don't get me wrong, plain butter tastes amazing, but me being the garlic freak that I am, garlic butter sounded more amazing. So I made my own seasoned butter and stuffed the artichokes full. Delicious!! Definitely a nice change to recipe I already love.

 
2 Artichokes
3 sticks of butter
1 Tbsp. minced garlic
1 Tbsp. garlic salt
1.5 tsp. Italian seasoning
sprinkle of salt

1. Melt sticks of butter over low heat.


 

2. Mix in minced garlic, garlic salt, and Italian seasoning.


3. Pour into foil lined container and place in fridge until butter has solidifed (I let it sit over night).



4. Cut butter into small 1 inch by 1 inch squares.


5. To prep the artichokes cut off the thorns on the scales on the outside of the artichoke. Cut the top portion of the artichoke off to remove the smaller thorns. Cut off excess stem.



6. Stuff each scale of the artichoke.



7. Boil the artichokes in water with a little salt for roughly 30 minutes. Weigh the chokes down so they are completely submerged. To check if it is done, stick a fork in the stem just below the bud. If it soft and starts to fall apart it is time to eat.


8. Stuff face!!


Original Seasoned Butter Recipe

Might also enjoy:
Cream of Broccoli Soup
Seared Asparagus
Collard Greens

No comments:

Post a Comment