Okay, so phyllo dough isn't that bad, but I'm not going to lie, I was a little bitter that it didn't come out prettier looking. Here was my mistake...don't work with phyllo on a preheated oven. Apparently this stuff cooks insanely fast and when a portion of it just happens to be over the oven vent...weeellllll...I think you can guess what happened...
8 sheets of frozen phyllo dough (thaw an hour before using)
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
2-3 cloves garlic
1 rotisserie chicken or about 2-3 cups of cooked chicken
1 package (9-11 oz.) of frozen creamed spinach, defrosted
5 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
4 oz. crumbled garlic/herb feta cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Shred chicken (I used a lemon pepper rotisserie chicken) and set aside.
3. Mince garlic cloves and set aside.
4. In a large bowl, mix chicken, lemon juice, garlic, creamed spinach and feta garlic/herb feta cheese.
5. Lightly coat a 8 by 11 inch pan with melted butter.
6. Place a single sheet down so roughly 6 inches hangs off the edge. Cover with butter.
7. Repeat on all sides. It's okay for the sheets to overlap.
8. Coat with butter and apply a second layer.
9. Spread mixture over the dough.
10. Gently fold the layers over the chicken mixture and brush with butter.
11. Bake for about 20 minutes or until the dough is golden brown.
12. Stuff face!!!!
Might also enjoy:
|Enchilada Stuffed Shells|
|Chicken and Pasta with Creamy Pesto Sauce|