1 ham bone
2 c. green split peas
8 c. cold water
1 large celery rib, diced
1 onion, minced
1 c. diced baby carrots
2 garlic cloves, minced
3-4 sprigs of parsley
1 bay leaf
pinch of dry thyme
pinch of cloves
1 leek (white portion only, keep leaves for wrapping)
1. Lay the leek leaves in an X shape and place parsley, bay leaf, thyme, cloves, and leek in the center.
2. Wrap the leek leaves around the ingredients, trying to make it as sealed as possible.
3. Tie with kitchen string and set aside.
Soup:4. Place ham bone (we left a little of the meat on the bone) in a slow cooker with carrots, celery, onions, and garlic.
5. Add green split peas.
6. Add water and throw in bouquet garni.
7. Cook on high for about 5-6 hours.
8. Remove bone from soup.
9. Stuff face! (Don't forget the potato rolls!).
Might also enjoy:
|Cream of Broccoli Soup|
(Greek Lemon Soup)
|Slow Cooker: Chili Con Carne with Beans|