For this recipe I got a chance to use fresh basil from my garden. My plant has been going crazy so it was time to give it a trim.
Can't get much fresher than that.
~2 c. fresh basil
1/4 c. pine nuts, divided
1 garlic clove
1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 homemade pie crust
1. In a small pan over medium heat, toast pine nuts until lightly brown. Set aside.
2. In a food processor, place the basil, toasted pine nuts, the garlic clove, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Pulse until everything is finely chopped.
3. While the food processor is running, slowly stream in the olive oil until you have a paste.
4. Roll out pie crust.
5. Spread pesto gently over dough. Be careful not to stretch the dough too thin.
6. Roll up tightly and cut into thin slices (chill if needed).
7. Press miniature cinnamon rolls evenly into the bottom and sides of a 9-inch buttered glass pie plate.
8. Make sure there are no spaces between the rolls. Set aside (chill if needed).
9. Cut off the excess crust to give a straight edge.
10. Make something delicious and stuff face!!
Might also enjoy:
|Pesto Swirl Bread|
|Cinnamon Roll Pie Crust|