Wednesday, August 1, 2012

40 "Interesting" Ice Trays!

This blog post is going to be a little different than my usual posts, but I needed to indulge my inner geek a little bit. I had a lot of fun writing this post but I also discovered I have a pet peeve that requires a small rant. First off, when the hell did it become the "it" thing to not have regular ice cubes??? I didn't realize how popular non-cube ice tray had become. So popular in fact, I had a little trouble finding the classic 70's blue, stack-able ice cube trays that I'm pretty sure everyone had at one point. I kind of like this new trend. I personally have the shot glass molds. It is a great idea for parties and what not. But I noticed a trend with these new popular trays that really annoys the hell out of me...


I grew up calling them ice cube trays. Key word there...CUBE! Now I feel awkward saying that being that ice can easily be made into your favorite pop culture references or attached to straws (an awesome idea by the way). But the manufactures continue to call them ice cube trays! Lesson for the day:

cube (noun): a symmetrical three-dimensional shape, either solid or hollow, contained by six equal squares.

Damn it! These trays don't make cubes, so don't call them ice cube trays!! Call them ice trays or ice molds. Okay I feel better. :D

I made a list of my favorites, but this is only the tip of a massive ice "tray" berg...okay bad attempt at a joke. Anyways...to the ice trays.

Pop Culture
1. Batman Ice Tray (link)
"Now is not the time for fear. That comes later" - Bane, The Dark Knight Rises


2. Alien Egg Ice Tray (link)
"But each one of these things comes from an egg, right? So who's laying these eggs?" - Ripley, Aliens


3. Alien Head Ice Tray (link
"All right, sweethearts, what are you waiting for? Breakfast in bed? Another glorious day in the Corps! A day in the Marine Corps is like a day on the farm. Every meal's a banquet! Every paycheck a fortune! Every formation a parade! I LOVE the Corps" - Apone, Aliens 
 

4. Millennium Falcon Ice Tray (link)
"What the hell is an aluminum falcon?" - Robot Chicken


5. Darth Vader Ice Tray (link)
"I find your lack of faith disturbing." - Darth Vader
 

6. Han Solo in Carbonite Ice Tray (link)
"I love you!" - Princess Leia
"I know." - Han Solo


7. X-Wing Ice Tray (link)
"It's a trap!" - Admiral Ackbar, Star Wars: Return of the Jedi


8. R2-D2 Ice Tray (link)
"R2-D2 where are you?" - C3PO


9. Stormtrooper Ice Tray (link)
"These aren't the droids you're looking for." - Obi-Wan
"These aren't the droids we're looking for." - Stormtrooper


10. Ice Invaders Ice Tray (link)
"blip blip blip blip blip...." - space invader


11. Lego Ice Bricks Ice Tray (link
"This was the most intense Lego moment of my life and there have been many intense Lego moments." - Robin Dodd


Clever
12. Clear Ice Cube Tray (link)
"The Enrichment Center reminds you that the Companion Cube cannot speak. In the event that the Companion Cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice." - GLaDOS, Portal


13. Water Bottle Stick Ice Tray (link)
Running out of ideas for quotes... I will do the best I can on the rest of these. Will keep adding as I think of them. :D If you have a quote suggestion, shoot me a comment.


14. Cool Beans Ice Tray (link


15. Cool Jazz Ice Stirrers (link)
"Hello, and welcome to another edition of Midnight Q. Tonight we're gonna enjoy some jazz from Charles Mingus. Norman Maylor's here to read an excerpt from his latest work. And we also have a girl from Omaha hiding a banana. We're gonna find out where. Giggity giggity. Giggity goo. Stick around." - Quagmire, Family Guy


16. Shot Glass Ice Mold (link)


Straws need a little love too!
17. Ice Princess Ice Tray (link)  


18. Citrus Sippers Ice Tray (link)


Other (...seriously what were they thinking?)
19. Pi Ice Tray (link)


20. AK Bullet Ice Tray (link)


21. Brain Freeze Ice Tray (link)


22. Chillbots Ice Tray (link)


23. Bone Chillers Ice Tray (link)


24. Egg Ice Tray (link)


25. Re+Charge Battery Ice Tray (link)


26. Centipede Ice Tray (link)


27. Scream Ice Tray (link)


28. Have a "Ice" Day Ice Tray (link)


29. DrinkSavers Ice Tray (link)


30. Fossil"iced" Dinosaur Ice Tray (link)
"Where's the goat?" - Lex, Jurassic Park



31. Jewels Ice Tray (link)
"I'm rich! I'm wealthy! I'm independent! I'm socially secure!" - Daffy Duck, Ali Baba Bunny, Looney Tunes (1957)


32. Cool 52's Ice Tray (link)
"Restoring the greatest country in the world to its former glory, well, heh heh... Well, that takes time, even for the Enclave." - President John Henry Eden, Fallout 3


33. Cold Blooded Vampire Ice Tray (link)
"Whether you like it or not, you're in the middle of a war that has been raging for the better part of a thousand years. A blood feud between vampires and lycans. Werewolves."  - Selene, Underworld


34. Ice Attacks Ice Tray (link)
"You wanna conquer the world, you're going to need lawyers, right" - Rude Gambler, Mars Attacks


35. Alphabet Letter Ice Tray (link)
"This show contains adult content and is brought to you by the letter H." - Family Guy



36. Gin and Titonic Ice Tray (link
"Iceberg! Right ahead!" - Lookout, Titanic


37. Fish Bone Ice Tray (link)


38. Snowflake Ice Tray (link)
"I found a rare stone at the bottom of Snowflake's tank. It belonged to a 1984 AFC Championship ring. It would have been a Super Bowl ring, but Ray Finkle missed the big kick. Blames the whole thing on Marino. We're talking mental institute escapee. I saw the guy's room. Cozy if you're Hannibal Lecter! " - Ace Ventura


39. Stone Cold Ice Tray (link)


40. Abominable Iceman Ice Tray (link)
"Just what I always wanted. My own little bunny rabbit [holding Daffy Duck]. I will name him George, and I will hug him and pet him and squeeze him..." - Hugo the Abominable Snowman, The Abominable Snow Rabbit, Looney Tunes (1961)


No comments:

Post a Comment