2 (9 inch) pie crusts
4 large peaches, peeled, sliced
~1 c. blackberries, cut in half
3/4 c. white sugar
3 Tbsp. flour
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
2 Tbsp. butter
1 egg yolk
1 Tbsp. milk
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Mix sugar, flour and cinnamon in a large bowl. Set aside.
3. Place cut peaches and blackberries in a colander and let set for about 10 minutes to drain off extra liquid.
4. Toss fruit in sugar mixture.
5. Roll out one pie crust a place in a buttered pie dish. Cut off excess crust.
6. Transfer fruit mixture to pie crust.
7. Dot with butter and top with remaining crust. Cut off excess and pinch all the way around to seal the crust.
8. (Optional) Cut designs with left over extra crust to place on top of crust (I used fondant cutters).
9. Mix egg yolk and milk in a small bowl.
10. Brush over pie crust.
11. Cut vents in top crust.
12. Bake 35-40 minutes until crust is golden brown.
13. Stuff face!
Original Pie Recipe
Original Egg Wash Recipe
Might also enjoy:
|Sweet Potato Puree|