Box (12 to 14.5 oz.) pasta
1 Tbsp. butter
1 1/2 c. milk
1 tsp. dry mustard
1/2 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. salt
2 to 2 1/2 c. grated cheese (used 1 c. American and 1 1/2 c. Colby jack)
4 to 5 Tbsp. flour
1. Preheat broiler. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. When the water boils, add the pasta and cook according to the package directions.
2. While the pasta cooks, make the cheese sauce. Heat a large cast-iron skillet over low heat. Melt the butter in the pan. Let it foam, and begin to brown.
3. Pour in the milk, then add the mustard, paprika, and salt, and whisk together.
4. Set aside 1/2 cup of the grated cheese for topping. Begin to add the rest of the cheese to the skillet, small portions at a time, whisking vigorously between each.
5. When it has all melted, sift the flour over the skillet, one tablespoon at a time, whisking after each spoonful. Stop added when it becomes nice and thick. Continue to cook the sauce, whisking constantly.
6. Add cooked, drained pasta to the skillet. Mix until the pasta is completely covered with sauce.
7. Sprinkle the top with the grated cheese.
8. Broil until top is browned and bubbly, 4 to 6 minutes.
9. Stuff face!
Might also enjoy:
|Homemade Tomato Sauce|