I had some help with this one. Toast was either trying to get a closer look or meowing next to me with her tail wrapped around my leg.
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 medium cloves garlic, peeled
1 shallot, chopped
1 green bell pepper, cored, seeded and chopped
2 celery stalks, diced
3 Tbsp. fresh parsley, minced
1 Andouille sausage, seared, sliced
1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, diced
1 large bay leaf
1 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 can (28 oz.) diced tomatoes
1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
1 3/4 c. cold water
3/4 c. rice, uncooked
1.5 lb. medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and chopped into bite-sized pieces
1. Prep all ingredients.
2. Add olive oil to a large nonstick saucepan. Saute onion, garlic, bell pepper and celery over medium heat until onions are translucent.
3. Add parsley, bay leaf, and cayenne pepper. Mix.
4. Add sausage and chicken. Cook about 5 to 6 minutes continuously stirring.
5. (Optional) If your saucepan is too small, move mixture to a pot.
6. Add diced tomatoes (with juice), tomato sauce, and water. Simmer for about 5 minutes, uncovered, stirring occasionally.
7. Pour rice into the pan and stir well. Bring mixture to a boil.
8. Lower heat and simmer, cover, and cook 45 minutes or until rice is cooked and absorbs most of the liquid.
9. Stir in shrimp and cook 5 minutes.
10. Remove bay leaf. Season to taste with cayenne pepper and salt.
11. Stuff face!
Might also enjoy:
|Pesto Swirl Bread|
|Salmon with |
Browned Butter Sauce
|Enchilada Stuffed Shells|