1 3/4 c. flour
3/4 c. powdered sugar
3/4 c. cold butter, cubed
1/4 c. unsweetened cocoa
3 c. walnuts, chopped
1 1/2 c. semisweet chocolate morsels
3/4 c. brown sugar, firmly packed
3/4 c. light corn syrup
1/4 c. butter, melted
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 c. chocolate liqueur (I used Meletti Cioccolate)
1 c. sweetened flaked coconut
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Line 9x13 inch pan with aluminum foil allowing it to extend over the edges slightly. Lightly butter foil to prevent sticking.
3. Mix flour, powdered sugar, butter and cocoa until it resembles coarse meal.
4. Press mixture into pan. Bake for 15 minutes.
5. In the mean time, chop walnuts and toss into medium size pan.
6. Lightly toast over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes until they become fragrant.
7. Remove pan from oven and top crust with chocolate morsels. Let cool for about 30 minutes.
8. Mix together brown sugar, corn syrup, melted butter, eggs, and liqueur until smooth.
9. Stir in walnuts and coconut.
10. Spoon into pan.
11. Bake at 350F for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
12. Let cool completely (about 1 hour). Chill in the fridge (about 1 hour).
13. Once chilled, remove from pan by lifting the foil and cut into bars.
14. Stuff face!!
Might also enjoy:
|Cookies and Cream Cake|
|No Frosting Chocolate Cake|