2.5 c. flour
1 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1.5 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 c. buttermilk
1/4 c. sour cream
1 15 oz. can pumpkin puree
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 1/4 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
1.5 c. light brown sugar, packed
1.5 c. sugar
Pumpkin Spice Icing:
1/2 c. butter, room temperature
2 8 oz. packages cream cheese, room temperature
2 c. powdered sugar
2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla extract
couple drops of orange gel paste
4 oz. dark chocolate, chopped
1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
3 Tbsp. corn syrup
1/2 c. heavy cream
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Line two 9 inch cake pans with parchment paper and lightly grease.
3. Sift flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices together. Set aside.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk together buttermilk, sour cream, pumpkin puree and vanilla. Set aside.
5. Cream together butter and sugars. Add eggs one at a time. Scrape down bowl between eggs.
6. Add wet and dry mixture to the butter mixture, alternating between the two.
7. Divide batter between pans.
8. Bake cake rounds for 30-35 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
9. Let cakes rest for a couple minutes in pans before removing. Allow to cool completely.
10. Cream together butter and cream cheese.
11. Add powdered sugar, pumpkin pie spice, salt, ground cinnamon, and vanilla extract. Mix until combined.
12. Add a couple drops of orange gel to get the desired colored.
13. Place chocolate, butter, and corn syrup in a medium bowl.
14. Bring heavy cream to a boil then pour over chocolate. Let sit for 1 minute.
15. Using a rubber spatula, gently stir until smooth.
16. Let glaze sit for 5 minutes until it slightly thickens.
17. If needed to issue a level cake, cut the tops off of cake.
18. Frost the top of the first layer.
19. Place second layer on top.
20. Frost the remainder of the cake. Chill for about 30 minutes.
21. Pour glaze over the top of the cake.
22. Let chill in the fridge for 15-30 minutes before serving.
23. Stuff face!
Might also enjoy:
|Sweet Potato Puree|