1 c. boiling water
3/4 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 c. milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 c. flour
1 1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 1/4 c. brown sugar
3/4 c. granulated sugar
4 large eggs, at room temperature
4 c. confectioner's sugar
10 Tbsp. unsalted butter, at room temperature
4 Tbsp. milk
2 tsp. vanilla extract
red gel food coloring (A LOT of it)
red cupcake liners
1. Preheating the oven to 350 F. Line cupcake tins.
2. In a bowl, whisk together the boiling water and cocoa powder until smooth. Add in the milk and vanilla extract.
3. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
4. In a third bowl, beat together the butter and both sugars until light and fluffy.
5. Beat in the eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
6. Add in the flour mixture and the cocoa mixture to the creamed butter, alternating between the dry and wet mixtures, making sure to begin and end with the flour mixture. Mix together only until just combined.
7. Divide the cake batter evenly among the cupcake tins. Bake the cupcakes in the oven until a tooth pick inserted into the center of the cupcakes comes out clean, about 20-25 minutes.
8. Set the cupcake tins on wire racks and allow the cupcakes to cool in the tins for about five minutes. Remove the cupcakes from tins and allowing them to cool completely on the racks.
9. In a large bowl, beat together the confectioner's sugar and butter until the mixture begins to come together.
10. Add in the milk and vanilla extract. Beat the frosting until it is light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
11. Add food coloring to turn the frosting red.
12. Once the cupcakes have cooled completely, frost the cupcakes.
13. Make black devil horns, and then place the horns on top of the cupcakes.
14. Stuff face!
Might also enjoy: