This recipe comes from The Paleo Diet Cookbook. My mama is trying to improve her eating habits and based on this recipe, this is a pretty awesome way to do it so far, in my opinion. I am not trying to lose weight nor am I on any diet, but seriously, this stuff is tasty! Give it a try!
1 lb. sea scallops
2 Tbsp. extra virgin oil
1 large shallot, minced
1 Tbsp. ginger root, grated
2 large white peaches, peeled, coarsely chopped
sprinkle of salt
1. Heat up 1 Tbsp. oil in a cast iron skillet over medium heat.
2. Add shallots and cook for about 2 minutes.
3. Add ginger and stir for about a minute.
4. Add peaches and cook for about three minutes continually stirring. The peaches should get nice and juicy.
5. Remove the peach mixture from the skillet into a bowl and set aside.
6. Add remainder of olive oil to the skillet. Add scallops.
7. Cook scallops for 4-7 minutes (until they are cooked about halfway through and have a light sear).
8. Flip scallops and add peach mixture back into skillet. Cook for another 4-7 minutes until scallops are completely cooked (Poke them on the top. They are done when the scallops are bouncy with slight resistance to the touch).
9. Sprinkle with a little salt and serve with yummy salad. Stuff face!
Might also enjoy:
|Orange Tequila Cake|
Browned Butter Sauce
(Greek Lemon Soup)