12 Tbsp., unsalted butter, softened
1 c. sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 large eggs
3/4 c. pumpkin pure
1/4 c. sour cream
2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
Pinch of salt
3 Tbsp., unsalted butter, melted
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. ground nutmeg
1 tsp. ground ginger
3/4 c. firmly packed light brown sugar
1 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
1 c. chopped walnuts
8 Tbsp., cold unsalted butter, cut into tablespoons
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Butter and flour a 10″ springform pan.
3. Cream the butter and sugar together in a stand mixer, until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
4. Add the vanilla and eggs, one at a time, beating for about 20 seconds after each addition. Scrape down the bowl again.
5. In a small mixing bowl, mix the pumpkin purée and sour cream together and set aside.
6. In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
7. Add this flour mixture and the pumpkin mixture to the butter mixture in thirds, alternating between the two. Beat for 45 seconds after each addition insuring it is well mixed. Set aside.
8. Stir together the melted butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger in a small bowl.
9. Combine the brown sugar, cinnamon, pecans and butter in a food processor and pulse a few times until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. (I combined my by squishing everything with a fork. The streusel will be a bit on the large side but it is an option in case you do not have a food processor or your food processor exploded like mine).
10. Pour about one-third of the batter onto pan.
11. Scatter about half of the streusel topping.
12. Pour the remained of the batter on top.
13. Drizzle the syrup over the batter and with a knife swirl the syrup through the batter.
14. Scatter the rest of the streusel topping over the batter in the pan.
15. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
16. Remove the pan from the oven to a wire rack to cool for 15 minutes.
17. Stuff face!!
Might also enjoy:
|Berried with White Chocolate |
Rose Water Ganache