Toast was enjoying her favorite orange blanket while I was making the cookies.
1 c. shortening
1.5 c. sugar
2.75 c. flour
2 tsp. cream of tartar
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. sugar
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1. Combine shortening and sugar until well mixed.
2. Add eggs and mix.
3. In a separate medium size bowl, mix flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt.
4. Slowly add the dry mixture to the shortening mixture.
5. Chill dough for about 30 minutes.
6. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
7. In a small bowl, combine sugar and ground cinnamon.
8. Roll dough into balls about the diameter of a quarter and roll them in the sugar mixture.
9. Place them on a cookie sheet lines with parchment paper (or baking mat) a couple of inches apart.
10. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until cookies flatten out.
11. Remove from oven and let it set on the cookie sheet for a few minutes.
12. Move to cooling rack to cool completely.
13. Stuff face!!
Might also enjoy:
|Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies|
with Ganache Filling
|Peanut Butter Cup Cookies|