Friday, October 19, 2012

Trees and Cheese

I love broccoli! This is one of my favorite simple meals for when I am not in the mood to cook. Steamed broccoli with some yummy cheese on top and a sprinkle of garlic salt and pepper. Yum yum yum! I could eat that all day.



I think one of the reasons I like this meal so much is it's all about preference. How big do you like your broccoli? I like it on the smaller bite size. What kind of cheese to do like? Chedder cheese is classic but I could see a nice dill Havari or fresh Parmesan and Mozzarella working just as well. How much cheese? Are you a "just a little bit" kinda person or a "dripping off the fork" person? Whatever you choose, this is a great quick meal for those lazy nights.

(1 serving)
half a head of broccoli 
~1/4 c. cheddar cheese (or whatever cheese you want)
sprinkle of garlic salt
sprinkle of pepper

1. Fill a pot with just enough water so it touches the bottom of the steamer.


2. Bring the water to a boil.


3. Take broccoli and cut off stem.



4. Cut the head in half and chop one half into desired sized pieces.



5. Place a steamer, cover, and let set until broccoli is tender. About 5 minutes.



6. Place broccoli in a bowl and sprinkle with cheese.


7. Microwave for 30 seconds or until cheese is melted.
8. Sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper.
9. Stuff face!


Might also enjoy:
White Chocolate
Raspberry Cheesecake
Pillow Cookies
Smoked Ribs

No comments:

Post a Comment