I first saw this recipe when watching Gordon Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares (the British version). In attempts to prove simpler is better Gordon made this soup. I found the recipe and here we are. Seriously try it. It is delicious!
3 - 4 head of broccoli
sprinkle of salt and pepper
olive oil (optional)
goat cheese (optional)
1. Cut broccoli flowers off of the large stem. (Cut enough to just fill your blender).
2. Bring a pot of water to a rapid boil. Season water with a sprinkle of salt.
3. Put broccoli in water and cook until tender, about 4 - 6 minutes.
4. Drain broccoli. KEEP THE WATER!
5. Place the broccoli in the blender. Fill up the with the blender with "broccoli water" about half up the broccoli.
6. Blend until smooth.
7. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
9. (Optional): Place goat cheese in the bottom of the bowl, pour in soup, and top with some olive oil.
10. Stuff face!! (This is super yummy with a nice fresh piece of Cuban bread).
|Cream of Broccoli Soup|
(Greek Lemon Soup)
|Slow Cooker: Chili Con Carne with Beans|