1/2 tsp. cream of tartar
1/8 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking powder
2/3 c. flour
1/4 c. unsalted butter, softened
1/3 c. sugar
3/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 c. sugar
8 c. apples (roughly 6-8 apples depending on their size)
1/4 c. brown sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a small bowl combine, cream of tartar, salt, baking powder and flour.
3. In another bowl, cream butter and sugar.
4. Add egg and dry ingredients. Mix until blended. Set aside (if the dough is a little sticky, put in the fridge for an hour).
5. In a small bowl combine cinnamon and sugar. Set aside.
6. In a large bowl combine brown sugar and cinnamon.
7. Peel, core and slice apples.
8. Add to brown sugar and cinnamon mixture, tossing to coat.
9. Transfer apples to an 8×11 baking dish.
10. Form 1 inch balls of dough and roll in cinnamon-sugar mixture. Place dough balls on top of apples, press down lightly to slightly flatten.
11. Bake for 45-55 minutes or until apples are tender and cookie topping is lightly golden.
12. Stuff face!
Might also enjoy:
|Avocado Mango Salsa|
|Grilled Rum Soaked|