4 garlic cloves, peeled
2 inch piece of ginger, peeled, chopped
1 sweet onion, peeled, roughly cut
1 Tbsp. olive oil
2 Tbsp. butter
2.5 lbs. chicken thighs, skinless (boneless - optional)
2 cans coconut milk, not shaken
2 Tbsp. cornstarch
2 cans baby corn, cut in half
1 package frozen snap peas
1/2 tsp. ground pepper
1 tsp. ground cumiin
1 tsp. ground coriander
1 1/2 tsp. ground tumeric
1 tsp. salt
1. Combine spice blend ingredients and set aside.
2. In a food processor, combine garlic, ginger, and onion until it forms a paste.
3. In a large sauce pan over medium heat, add olive oil and butter. Add paste and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Add spice blend and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
5. Add chicken and cook until all sides have a nice sear.
6. Place chicken and paste into slow cooker.
7. Open cans of coconut milk and remove the cream on top and set aside. (If there is no cream, remove about 1 cup of milk and set aside).
8. Pour remaining milk into slow cooker and add baby corns. Cook on low for four hours.
9. Add cornstarch to 1 cup of coconut milk and mix until combined. Add to slow cooker. Add snap peas.
10. Cook for another half an hour until veggies are warm.
11. Stuff face!
Might also enjoy:
|Enchilada Stuffed Shells|
|Chicken and Pasta |
with Creamy Pesto Sauce