Monday, March 4, 2013

Broiled Grapefruit

A few weeks ago, my boyfriend and I stayed a cute little bed and breakfast for our anniversary. For breakfast, they made us broiled grapefruit...and right then I was hooked. Now I have a big bag of grapefruit in my pantry and I eat broiled grapefruit for breakfast a few times a weeks. Sooooo yummy!


1 grapefruit
agave sweetener (or honey)
sprinkle of sugar
sprinkle of cinnamon

1. Cut grapefruit in half (not stem to bottom)


2. Cut along the membrane to loosen pieces and cut all the way around the edge. Make sure not to puncture the skin.
3. Drizzle with agave.


4. Place in broiler and cook until the top becomes caramelized.
5. Sprinkle the top with sugar and cinnamon.
6. Stuff face!


Might also enjoy:
Creamy Grits
Pumpkin Honey Cornbread
Pancake Eggs Benedict

No comments:

Post a Comment