Salmon in Garlic, Tomato Wine Sauce
2 salmon steaks or fillets
1/2 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. olive oil (I used garlic infused olive oil)
2 Tbsp. butter
2 Tbsp. garlic, thinly sliced
1/4 c. sweet onion, minced
3/4 c. grated tomato
1 c. white wine
1 Tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
1 tsp. fresh chives, chopped
fresh ground pepper
sprinkle of sea salt
1. Drizzle salmon with lemon juice and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Set aside.
2. In a large sauce pan over medium heat, heat some oil and about 1/2 tablespoon of the chopped garlic until it turns golden.
3. Add onions and cook for about 5 minutes until onions are softened.
4. Add butter and toss onions.
5. Add grated tomatoes and cook until full cooked. This will happen quickly, 1 to 2 minutes.
6. Add the remaining garlic, wine, and bring to a simmer. Let is simmer for about 25 minutes.
7. When you have about 10 minutes left on the sauce, broil salmon until it is almost cooked through, about 6 to 10 minutes.
8. Once salmon is cooked, place in sauce. Sprinkle with basil and chives. Cover and let simmer for another 5 minutes.
9. Stuff face!
Might also enjoy:
|Pesto Swirl Bread|
|Salmon with |
Browned Butter Sauce
|Enchilada Stuffed Shells|