Thursday, April 18, 2013

Cinnamon and Orange Sugar Monkey Bread

My boyfriend defended his proposal today. It has somehow become a tradition for me to bake something for these defenses. Today I made cinnamon brown sugar and orange sugar monkey bread.


This recipe was one of the worst experiences in terms of dealing with food blogs. I found the recipe, a blog full a pretty pictures...and nothing else...no written recipe. Then after searching for 3 minutes, I found a tiny link buried in the blog post. So this leads to blog post number two, full of pretty pictures...and again no recipe! What is going on?! Again it is buried in the blog is a tiny little link reading, "recipe". I click on that and now I am on my third blog. Finally I find the recipe. This experience is what I hate about food blogs. Most food blogs seem to be just pretty pictures, not actually taken by the blogger, but borrowed from someone else, and they didn't even try the recipe. Frustrating...

Then it continues with the recipe itself beginning horribly written, not providing enough of what you need. It mentions the variation using orange sugar, but doesn't even give that part of the recipe. So I altered the recipe for the cinnamon bread and made up the orange sugar recipe. I hope this helps and that you will have a better experience than I did.

To end on a good note, my boyfriend passed his proposal defense! He is now a Ph.D candidate. And these recipes are delicious. Despite my frustrating experience, these recipes are quite tasty and worth a try!

Cinnamon Monkey Bread (12):
12 Pillsbury biscuits
6 Tbsp. butter, melted
2 Tbsp. corn syrup
1.5 c. brown sugar
6 tsp. cinnamon

Orange Sugar Monkey Bread (12): 
12 Pillsbury biscuits
6 Tbsp. butter, melted
2 Tbsp. corn syrup
1.5 c. white sugar
zest from one orange

Vanilla Frosting (24):
2 c. powdered sugar
2 Tbsp. butter, melted
4 Tbsp. milk
1 tsp. vanilla

Monkey Bread:
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Cut each biscuit into six pieces.


3. Combine melted butter and corn syrup.

 

4. In another bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon (white sugar and orange zest). Stir into combined.

 

 

5. Dip biscuits into butter, then roll in sugar mixture.
6. Place biscuit pieces into a well sprayed cup of 12 cup muffin tin.



7. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes.
8. Cool for about 5 minutes then remove from pan. (If you let them cool too long, they will stick to the pan and you will have to scrap them out). 

Vanilla Frosting:
9. Combine all ingredients and mix well.


10. Drizzle over monkey bread.
11. Stuff face!!


Might also enjoy:
Berried with White Chocolate
Rose Water Ganache
Apple Dumplings
White Chocolate
Raspberry Cheesecake

No comments:

Post a Comment