Monday, April 8, 2013

Happy Birthday To Me: Orange Champagne Cupcakes!!

It's my birthday!!! Champagne cupcakes sounded delicious and dying them my favorite color only made things better!


People always tease me for making my own cupcakes/cake on my birthday. But I can't help it. This way I can have exactly what I want.  Last year I made a Ginger Ale Cake. I wanted to keep the tradition going with another super light cake/cupcake. Apparently this is a Weight Watchers cupcake...(3 to 4 points)...I don't do Weight Watchers so I have no idea what that means. But they are delicious considering. You can definitely taste the champagne. Also since this recipe uses Cool Whip, so it only seemed appropriate to add this Family Guy clip:


Family Guy - Cool Whip from Dana Jones on Vimeo.

I also got to use my cute orange cupcake liners.

 

Champagne Cupcakes (~18):
1 box of vanilla cake mix
3/4 c. champagne (I used Martini & Rossi Asti ~my favorite~)
3/4 c. Sprite
few drops orange gel dye

Vanilla Frosting:
1 3.4 oz. package of vanilla pudding
2 8 oz. tubs of Cool Whip
few drops of orange gel dye

Decoration:
Orange Sprinkles 

Champagne Cupcakes:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F). Line cupcake pans.
2. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix.


3. Fill cupcake liners about 2/3 of the way up.


4. Bake until a tooth pick comes out clean, about 10 to 12 minutes. 


5. Let cool completely.

Vanilla Frosting:
6. In a large bowl, combine 1 tub of cool whip, pudding, and coloring and mix until combined. 


7. With a large spoon, fold in the second tub of cool whip. 


Decorate:
8. Frost cupcakes.


9. Pour sprinkles into a small bowl.


10. Roll cupcakes in sprinkles. 
11. Stuff face!


Original Recipe

Might also enjoy:
Kitty Litter Cake
Margarita Cupcakes
Irish Carbomb Cupcakes

No comments:

Post a Comment