2 lbs. clams, cleaned
2 Tbsp. butter
1 jalapeno pepper, minced
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 c. beer (I used Sam Adam's Alpine Spring)
1 c. chicken broth
1/2 c. cilantro leaves, chopped
juice of a lime
1. Melt butter in a sauce pan over medium heat.
2. Add jalpeno, garlic and saute for about one minute.
3. Add beer and chicken broth. Bring to a simmer.
4. Add clams and give a good stir.
5. Cover and steam for 5 to 10 minutes. All of the clams should pop open. Any that don't pop open, throw away (the clam could be dead).
6. Remove clams and place in serving bowls.
7. Add cilantro and lime juice to sauce.
8. Increase heat to medium-high, reduce sauce for about 5 minutes.
9. Pour over clams.
10. Stuff face! (Recommend having a nice bread for dipping...I had a rosemary baguette).
Might also enjoy:
|Avocado Mango Salsa|
|Grilled Rum Soaked|